Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Blog that goes like this...

This weekend I took my Papa LiS to see quite possibly the funniest musical I have ever been too!

We went to see Monty Python's Spamalot!

I have been a huge fan of the Python's since my dad allowed me to stay up late to watch the many re-runs that the BBC or C4 used to show. To a ten-year old some of the jokes went over my head but within a few tender years, I was a die hard fan!

The Holy Grail has always been a favourite of mine and when I heard that the musical version of it was finally coming to London, I thought it was time to pay my thanks to Papa LiS for getting me hooked on them!

The show really doesn't disappoint - it has all the comedic japes of the film with an excellent 'mickey-take' of the musical genre. As soon as King Arthur prances on to the stage to the sound of coconuts, the laughter begins and doesn't end til the curtain went down.

My favourite moment was the French Taunters: -

"Silly Engleesh Peepol" (Brilliant)


The only downside was that Papa LiS got a bit to carried away and I had to listen to his not so dulcet tones sing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"! - but still it was worth the temporary ear-pain.

I would definitely recommend to all fans of humour and tom-foolery to go and see this show....

.....Sir LiS bravely runs away.....


LiS




No comments: