Monday, March 19, 2007

and it's Hallo from me!

Many thanks for Mr Ward for linking to my blog on his!

I found his excellent blog while searching the world-wide-web for help and advice on the piece of software that I use at work. Both of which I found in abundance - Thanks Mr Ward

I work for a Financial company in Nottingham. I work in the IT department on the MI team doing BI (I love acronyms - don't you ;) ).
The company is currently engaged in a multi-million pound project to update its IT system, using a product called Siebel.

I have spent the last year working with lots of people from my company and their strategic partners implementing this new system. Specifically, I have been working on producing the Management Information to the business (to tell them all the things they need to know and even some stuff they didn't know they needed to know!).

As this is my first major project - it's been a challenging time! I have learnt a lot about how things get done and how to get things done.

The new tool that we are using is called Siebel Analytics - now know as Oracle Analytics or Oracle BI or something. Coming from a background in Business Objects, it was quite an experience to learn a new system.
I can now say I'm an 'expert' (of 1 and 1/2 years) in my new tool of choice and we are getting close to delivering the final part of the project to the business.

That's enough about me and what I do - sure it will be dull for many people - sorry

....wanders off to plan a more random post....


LiS



No comments: