Thursday, September 28, 2006

Which Wire?

Mrs LiS work me up yesterday at 5:30am:

the shower is broke - its not coming on, i have pulled the cord and the light isn't coming on.....look!
At which point Mrs LiS began to pull on the cord like a mini-church bell ringer. I dutifully got up and had a look and confirmed that the shower was indeed broken.

Being a DIY guru, I also tried the cord and ascertained that
  1. It wasn't working and
  2. I had no idea why
Having exhausted the vast knowledge that I possess (and having had a quick look at the fuse box (which looked okay to me)), I phoned for a very nice man to coming around to look at it for me.

He was in the house for exactly 5 mins - after which point I feel as intelligent as a small prawn destined for a special fried rice.
He shows me the fuse box and next to it looking all innocent is a small red little button (that I have never paid any attention to) - this button is the all powerful switch to the shower of hot water goodness, which had been tripped.

I listen to the electrician talk to me as if I was a simpleton (which is probably true) and reassured me that he has seen hundreds of these in his time (its very common apparently).

For all you people out that that need more tips, this is said fuse box and to the right is the switch that can get tripped accidentally -
all you need to do is depress the red switch...the shower should then work again......seems like magic to me!









I, again, place myself in the DIY inept category (oh well!!)

....wanders off to buy a book on basic DIY for Dummies......

1 comment:

Gary Seaward said...

In through the nose, out through the mouth, one last big Breath &.....

BWAaa Haaa hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhaha (breathe) hahahahahahhahahahahah (coff coff splutter snort... SOooo worth it)
So? Is it fixed then? :-)